Tuesday 12 October 2010

A couple of great finds...

Now, I hope that because you have clicked on this link, the following post will have some relevance to you and hopefully inspire you to change the way you look at your own style. Recently I have come across a couple of sites which have encouraged me to expand my fashion horizons and given me some ideas about how to reinvigorate my wardrobe.

If you are partial to a bit of vintage (and who isn't?!), you should find this first blog very inspiring. A woman from America has given up high street shopping in exchange for buying one garment from a thrift store everyday for a year. She then takes the garment home and reconstructs it. Here's the catch, her budget for each day is $1.

http://www.newdressaday.com/


An example of a before and after.

Another fantastic project I found is 'The Uniform Project'. I posted this on facebook a while back but thought I would put it in a blog because I love it so! A woman in NYC wore the same dress everyday for a year and basically accessorised like MAD. Oh how I wish I had her wardrobe, creativity and fearlessness! The current project sees a different woman taking on the challenge each month so check it out for some serious inspiration!

http://www.theuniformproject.com/


Click for a bigger picture.

In relation to our previous blogpost, this woman has a seriously enviable collection of socks and tights!!

Now wearing : Baggy t-shirt and leggings....oh how inspiring...

Now listening to : Mountainhead - 65daysofstatic

Now coveting: Anything from Cos but more specifically, their camel double breasted cape. Yum.

Post written by Stephanie Shaw @stefidoo

Want to get involved? Email us at uomfashion@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment