Wednesday 26 October 2011

Magical Mary Katrantzou

Name: Mary Katrantzou
Origin: Athens, Greece
First Show : Autumn Winter 2009
Twitter: @marykatrantzou
Facebook: Mary Katrantzou

I have to admit, I am a bit of a print-phobic. I feel much more comfortable wearing an entirely black outfit (so I often do), and being a fashion student, I should really start to take some leaps of faith. After discovering Mary Katrantzou, I have been inspired. What an amazing designer. Being someone who is always careful not to clash prints and colours, I am diving head first into my wardrobe and going clash crazy.

Here are a few of my favourite pieces from this season and next season’s collections.





Make sure you check out the rest of the collections...





Or if you want to click through them...
Autumn/Winter 2011
Spring/Summer 2012

Here’s just something I found that I thought was awesome and very representative of her talent...



Currently wearing: Purple open knit jumper over lace print dress (my one day of wearing prints this week), with some chunky ankle boots.

Currently listening to: Coldplay’s new album Mylo Xyloto, specifically Paradise.

Currently coveting: Anything from Mary’s collection! Or these Topshop Glitter Boots. Yum.

Want to write for us? Email us at uomfashion@gmail.com
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never written before!

Post written by Stephanie Shaw @stefidoo

1 comment: