Saturday 18 September 2010

Vogue's Fashion Night Out 2010


Last week, on September 8th 2010 London's favourite designers, models and fashionable people hit our favourite town to mingle with the shoppers at Anna Wintour’s wonderful creation: Vogue’s Fashion’s Night Out. Expert styling from the Vogue team was a given, plus superstar appearances from the biggest names in fashion in all your favourite shops. And not just the mainstream stores; everyone from H&M to Chanel joined in.
http://fashions-night-out.vogue.co.uk/

Although I was craving some serious Kurt Geiger (I adore the DM-esque boots with red laces they have just released in the Autumn range) I didn’t fancy cramming into one of their petite stores so I stuck to my absolute brand favourites; Chanel and my newest fetish; Reiss. Knowing the show they’d put on would not disappoint. And boy did it not! Oh and of course a Vogue night wouldn’t be complete without a quickie at Louis Vuitton.

I began at Reiss and hit the scrummy free cocktails as well as one of the (many) old school photo booths installed in nearly all the shops participating in the Vogue fashion night. Not only those quirky highlights but they were offering hair styling, manicures, massages and make overs... ALL FOR FREE! Sadly, I had to rush off to the next place because dinner reservations were at 8!

Reiss’ Autumn collection is slightly veering from what I would traditionally wear, however, their leather pieces are really impressive. From the
Crawford leather dress to the only available online Katrin skirt, Reiss in-house designers have really captured the hard-to-master look and I love it. Also, I must highlight the Becca bodysuit, I think a good quality body suit is now essential for your wardrobe and this one will last you another two seasons at least. This one is a gem!

And that’s what I love about Reiss, even if I don’t like every single piece of the collection, nearly every item can be dressed up or down and can suit any occasion. Plus, it looks good quality, it feels good quality, and by the heads you’ll turn in one of their LBDs and a cheeky pair of Kurt Geigers, you’ll know it’s worth the money.

For the most part it targets 25+ but the dresses are divine and key seasonal pieces are worth checking out... especially if you plan on an office wardrobe post uni... Nine to five doesn’t have to mean drab and dreary.
Yours truly even got papped for the Reiss blog and I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for my internet debut. Speaking of the Reiss blog: http://www.reissonline.com/blog/ check it out.

Anyway, enough about Reiss... Next I moved on to Chanel, where I did have my make up done (their
eyeliner is a staple in my make up bag). They used this awesome eye shadow set on me: I own about three of these... I don’t trust myself with eye shadow and often come out looking a tiny bit lady boy rather than lovely lady! But these handy things use complementary tones so you don’t really have to worry about the drag queen look. Complete with Chanel make-up we were then allowed to prance about in expensive Chanel coats, hats and accessories and pretend we were Jackie Onassis or Audrey Hepburn.

The new Coco Cocoon collection by Chanel is just divine, embodying French chic at it’s best. Lily Allen helped with the campaign. (Not really the first name that comes to mind when you think French chic and classic outfits, but each to their own! She still looks great in the campaign photos) Check out
the latest campaign photographs. Beautiful! (Also I love the song in the background... Isn’t the French language dreamy?! :p)

It was getting late and my toes were getting squashed by the Louboutins, but we had just enough time to pop into Louis Vuitton. It’s not my favourite brand because I’m quite adverse to logos all over my things... However, there was a collection of head pieces in store, all made from Vogue magazines... And well the artist in me just HAD to go and have a play!

Now wearing: Uniqlo 80s style denim jeggings, skinny white vest and toe socks

Now playing:
Mr Scruff vs Kirsty Almeida - Pickled Spider

Now coveting: Reiss online exclusive Katrin leather skirt... £350... please lotto, please pick me....

Post written by Melanie Astbury
londongirlupnorth

Want to get involved? Email us at uomfashion@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment